What is Baskkett?
The Baskkett app is a closed marketplace within college campuses which allows students to transact in three different ways. Students can buy and/or sell to other students on their campus, they can also rent and/or rent out items to other students on their campus and they can offer and/or buy a variety of services from other college students. The app is built with secure payments and allows students to fully leverage their campus’ resources.
I am not seeing any listings on the app OR I am not seeing an exact match for the item or service that I want, what should I do?
Initially, when students launch the app, there will be limited to no listings as it will take time to build a user base. Students with possessions may not know if their items are in demand and so we developed the “In Search Of” option to stimulate the initial demand for the app. A student can click the “Create” Button and then click the “ISO” button to upload whatever good or service he/she/they is looking for. Once that student uploads the listing, other students on the platform will be able to see what items or services are in demand and can then upload those items.
Do I get insurance or guarantees or any sort?
Baskkett does not offer any insurance or any guarantees for items rented or purchased or services purchased. Baskkett is a market facilitator only. Any Transaction between you and another user is a contract between you and that user (Baskkett is not a party to any such arrangement). Baskkett is not obligated to compensate any user for another user’s failure to pay). To the extent Baskkett assists in the resolution of any dispute between any users, such assistance is only a courtesy and, therefore, you acknowledge that Baskkett shall not be liable or otherwise responsible with respect to such dispute (or the resolution thereof).
Is my credit card/debit card/checking account data secure?
Baskkett uses Stripe for the processing of payments and enabling sellers/renters to accept electronic payment methods. Stripe is a global payments leader. Baskkett does not save users’ payment/payout information on its database. This information is held with stripe. Please see the attached link for the stripe services agreement (https://stripe.com/legal).
How do I coordinate details to meet up for the exchange?
Once you indicate that you plan to borrow an item or buy a physical good or service and the other party to the transaction has accepted your request, you will be directed to a chatroom to coordinate the date and time of your exchange (and return where applicable). Once you both agree, there is a button to the top right of the chat that the seller/renter can use to fill in the location information. Once this information is filled out, it will be reflected on the activity tab under “pending transaction”.
Can I trade with someone from another school?
Baskkett is a closed system which means that students from one school cannot trade with students from another school (you can only transact with someone within your school network). Baskkett believes that it is easier for students to trust other students at their school than students at another school so we have deliberately kept the system closed for now.
What commission is charged per transaction/What is our “Fees Policy”?
Baskkett charges a 10% commission per transaction. When a student sees a listed price, he/she/they will pay that listed price (adjusted for the applicable sales taxes). The seller or lender of such a good or service will receive 90% of the listed price.
How can I contact the support team for technical support/complaints etc?
For all queries, students can select the contact support button which will auto-generate an email to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can email email@example.com directly.
Do you share my data with anyone else?
Baskkett does not share any user data with any vendors other than parties with which we partner to ensure that the app is functional.
Prohibited items list:
- Explicit sexual content
- Adult toys
- Farm animals and livestock
- Marine life
- No other live animals not mentioned above
- Alcohol and alcoholic beverages
- Prescription drugs
- Drugs, narcotics, or controlled substances (regardless of legality within a state)
- Items marketed for the purpose of intoxication
- Drug paraphernalia such as bongs, vaporizers, and pipes
- Tobacco and related products, including e-cigarettes, e-juice, vaporizers, mods, hookahs, and hookah accessories
- Cannabis and cannabis-derived products
- Growing or cultivation equipment for cannabis and cannabis-derived products
- Counterfeits, fakes, and replicas of brand-name items
- Bootlegged or unauthorized recordings
- Pirated copies of any copyrighted materials
- Use of a trademark or other implied affiliation with a brand
- No other bootlegs, counterfeits, fakes, and unauthorized or pirated copies of items not mentioned above
- Medical & healthcare items
- Devices, drugs, and medications that require a prescription from a licensed medical practitioner (such as a dentist, doctor, optometrist, or veterinarian)
- Listings that claim the item can diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent a disease or viruses, including COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus)
- Ventilators and other respiratory equipmen
- Cannabis and cannabis-derived products
- Pills, vitamins, and supplements
- Contact lenses
- Used cosmetics
- Used makeup sponges and applicators
- Needles and items containing needles (such as syringes or tattoo equipment)
- Bears (all types)
- Birds (all types)
- Cetaceans (e.g. Dolphins, Porpoises, Whales)
- Corals (Elkhorn, Staghorn)
- Marine Turtles
- Otters (all types)
- Pangolins (All)
- Primates (e.g. Bonobo, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Monkeys, Orangutan)
- Reptiles & Amphibians (e.g. Ploughshare Tortoise, Iranian Spotted Newt, Indian Rock Python)
- Sharks, Sawfishes, Manta & Devil Rays (e.g. Great White Shark, Basking Shark, Whale Shark, Smalltooth Sawfish)
- Tibetan Antelope (also known as Chiru and shawls known as Shahtoosh)
- Wild Cats (all types)
- No other wildlife and wildlife products not mentioned above
- Firearms, no exceptions
- Knives primarily used as weapons or for self-defense. Note: Cutlery, kitchen, and utility knives are generally permitted
- Mace, pepper spray, bear spray, tasers, and other weapons used to subdue humans or animals
- Paintball guns, BB guns, guns that fire blanks, Airsoft Guns, and all related ammunition and accessories
- Sporting weapons such as bows and arrows, crossbows, and archery items
- Swords, if sharpened or functional. Note: Decorative blunt swords are generally permitted
- Weapon parts and accessories, including any item that attaches to a firearm, ammunition, bullets, clips, arrows, and bolts
- Body armor, including Kevlar and other tactical and protective vests, except protective clothing for sporting activities
- Regulated chemicals, poisons, or substances
- New or used airbags sold separately from a vehicle
- Items deemed to pose significant health or safety risks to others
- No other dangerous items not mentioned above
- Recalled items (U.S. CPSC list of recalls at https://www.recalls.gov/cpsc.html)
- Items with sensitive information such as IDs, passports, and social security cards
- Fake or forged documents (such as licenses, IDs, diplomas, and government- issued documents)
- Items received through Government Assistance
- Offers to trade for illegal goods
- Police badges or security uniforms, as these can be used to impersonate an officer or gain access to secure areas
- Locked phones or devices
- Current vehicle license plates or plates that were valid in the last 5 years
- License plate tags
- TV streaming devices
- Cars without titles
- Canisters or cylinders of pressurized gas
- Stolen or found goods
- Rideshare signs